Friday, September 25, 2009

Portrait Session: Karli

Yesterday I had a photo session scheduled for portraits with my friend Karli, who was getting them done as a birthday present from her roommate Lauryn. It was all a surprise, and we had a lot of fun! Initially, we were going to go to the park; but with the weather calling for rain, I recommended we do it somewhere that could be inside or outside - so we went to the Greene! It's a very chic spot with lots of designy elements that I love working with for photos. Despite the rain, we got some pretty decent shots to work with!



I loved how easy it was to get her to smile - she had a very genuine character and an infectious laugh.


This is one of my personal favorites. It's a very natural pose, and the flowers really accentuate the bubbly nature and feel of the photograph.


I was going for chic with this photograph, and I think it turned out quite nicely.


In this picture, Lauryn was showing her a book that she loved and it made her smile like that. It almost reminds me of a book cover.



I loved how the blue of her umbrella brought out the blue in her eyes, and the green scarf really set everything else off. A great day for picture-taking in the rain.

1 comment: